cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

how change the section of cable group on pro/cabling

ptc-3033723
1-Newbie

how change the section of cable group on pro/cabling

Hi,

I must route several cable with pro/cabling, but i would like a placement of cable different than flat or round (two bunk flat of 4 wire, then 8 cable).

Have you a idea to change the cross section of a bundle of cable?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Thank for your quik reply.

But i still can not route as i want. I try route two flat bundle separetly ( one tanjent to the surface, the other offset of the diaméter of wire).

I have join a picturethat show my new problem . And, imust routewire in complex assembly (on the picture is juste a test),So I think it will be very difficult with this method.

If you have any other idea, I'd be very grateful!

It has been a while since I've used cabling, but there was a way that you could make the cable flat and then make a new row and move some cables to it. Here is an excerpt from the "part" help documentation.

To Modify Packing at Locations
1. Click CABLING > Location > Packing.
2. Select a flat location to modify packing, the Modify Packing dialog box opens.
3. Modify the Cable name or Thickness and set the other settings appropriately.
You can cut and paste items in the list of items at that location to modify the shape of the flat grouping. When you select an item in the list, the item is highlighted in Pro/ENGINEER.
4. Click Apply to preview the visual changes to the packing in your assembly without making them permanent and OK to close the dialog box.

Hope this helps,
Arnold

Top Tags