cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

how do you increase the thickness of object lines on a drawing (need to capture screen shots for a book)

llamit
3-Visitor

how do you increase the thickness of object lines on a drawing (need to capture screen shots for a book)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:llamit)

Photoshop.

Make the object lines a unique color, then select them in an image editor and then stroke the selection with a fatter brush. It can be an obnoxious color as they can be entirely replaced.

I used to do this to also make the surround edge geometry thicker - pick the background, invert the selection, and then stroke the edge; it will be like the manual style illustrations.

GabrielZaha
12-Amethyst

On the print dialog select the jpeg printer type (under "Add Printer Type"). Then you can adjust you line thickness in pen table file. Just make sure you select "Print To file".

This way you can go from:

screenshot.jpg

to:

drw0001.jpg

This way you may keep you model/drawing manipulation to a minimum.

Attached is a pcf file for a jpeg printer.

siyer-2
1-Newbie

Print to PDF using pen-table. Capture screen shot from PDF file. Works good.

siyer-2
1-Newbie
(To:dm-4)

Nice trick Dhanraj. However this is possible only when one projects the edges in the sketch mode. The projected entities then behave like Sketch Entities.

llamit
3-Visitor

Discovered that even though my high resolution graphics setting shows lines line on the screen that my snagit capture, when pasted into the WORD doc for my new book, has the correct width lines on the jpg.

Top Tags