cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

how does one link orthotropic material properties to a custom coordinate system

dilgert
1-Newbie

how does one link orthotropic material properties to a custom coordinate system

I would like to apply orthotropic material properties to a single part in my assembly model and have created a coordinate system for this component.   When I try to edit my material to apply orthotropic or transversely isotropic properties, I cannot find a way to link these to my component coordinate system.

Is there a way of doing this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just found that you apply the orientations in the material assignment.

That is the correct answer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone
(To:dilgert)

Hello David,.

I did not fully understand your question, find you the values of AL 2014, as for example on the attached document.

Kind regards.

Denis

In the table above there are boxes for E1 and E2/E3.  How does one know which directions these properties are for?  If one wishes to have certain properties apply directionally to a local coordinate system which is different than the global coordinate system how does one do that?

I just found that you apply the orientations in the material assignment.

That is the correct answer.

Top Tags