cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

how one can change the drawing view to its family table part ?

mgupta-4
1-Newbie

how one can change the drawing view to its family table part ?

dear all,

Please help I made a drawing where I have used the principal part ,but after sometime I just want to replace that view to its family part .

I don't find any way to replace just simple thing ,please help.

Manish

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Manish,

select the layout tab then in the Model Views section, select the icon "Drawing Models"

In the new menu box, select replace

A new menu box will appear with all the parts of your family table, select the desired model > open

Ron

Hi Ron,

thanks for the reply ,but problem that it replaces the view everywhere used in the drawing ,I want it at specific place...

Manish

Manish,

Can you attach the drawing/model or a view of what you are attempting?

Ron

It is currently not possible to replace the model in one view with a different instance of a family table.

As noted, this can be done for the entire drawing.

However, we are working on an enhancement that will be coming in Creo 4.0 to allow replacement of the model in a single view. Stay tuned for more details on Creo 4.0 enhancements as we get closer to its delivery late next year.

There is a related Product Idea: (Redefine a master rep general view and convert it in a simplified rep view for a PART drawing).

Even though this idea mentions Simplified Rep, the same tool will also support Family Table replacement.

Can't you just add that instance to the models in the drawing and add a view with that one instance? The draw back is you cannot relate the other view to it as far a projection views go. But you can definitely have different models in different views, you just have to have the different models loaded into the drawing.

Top Tags