cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

how to add more colors into appearance gallery of asm template

thlavinka
1-Newbie

how to add more colors into appearance gallery of asm template

Hello,

I would like to know whether there is some posibility to add more colors into appearance gallery (.dmt) of asm template so that those new colors can be used for new created parts/asms.

Thanks in advance

T.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:thlavinka)

1. Don´t use SPACE in proengineer (Creo). If you need a space use an underline "_". (Používejte podtržítko místo mezerníku). Creo is sometimes confused from spaces in names.

Example:

V:\Creo sablony ---> V:\Creo_sablony

2. Do you use a config.SUP? It´s a "company" config with config´s options that regular user can´t overwrite. It´s is usually located on server and drive with cad admin.

It means: If your cadadmin specified a pro_colormap_path in config.SUP it will ignore your local configs.pro.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mbonka
15-Moonstone

Hello Tomas,

what l know, there are 2 basic possibilities of adding appearances into gellery:

1. Add 1 by 1 appearances

add_appeaerances.jpg

STEP 01 - click right mose button on some coloros, that you want change

STEP 02 - edit color als you wish (change color name) --- when finished confirm OK

STEP 03 - new color was add into your project appearnaces library

2. Append / merge appearances galleries

02-spojeni_galerie.jpg

STEP 01 - open appearnces gallery and click APPEANRANCES MANAGER

STEP 02 - click file (its a small hide button) and choose APPEND

STEP 03 - choose second *.dmt file from your PC that will be append/merge (CZ note --- připojen) to first one gallery --- confirm OK and galleries should be add

NOTE:

l´m not absolutly sure, but there can be some restriction about numbers of appearances in one gallery. l think it´s can be somewhere around 256 colors.

Hope it can help...

Hi Milan,

Thanks for your quick response.

I tried it but after the model (template_designasm in my case) is saved and opened again - my new added appearances are lost... 😞

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Set your config.pro options pro_colormap_path to your default *.DMT file that should be load primary.

Are you sure it is this option? cause here is a .map extension to be changed since my appearance gallery has a .dmt...

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Yes *.MAP file is an old extension and *.DMT is a newer one.

*.MAP had been use upto ProEngineer 3, than it was renamed to *.DMT (don´t know exactly).

Examples of *.DMT and *.MAP are attached. Try to import them.

Function is the same...

Ok, but it remains the same although i changed the setting even in all configs.pro according to creo information window. Please see a pic:

1.png

mbonka
15-Moonstone

1. Don´t use SPACE in proengineer (Creo). If you need a space use an underline "_". (Používejte podtržítko místo mezerníku). Creo is sometimes confused from spaces in names.

Example:

V:\Creo sablony ---> V:\Creo_sablony

2. Do you use a config.SUP? It´s a "company" config with config´s options that regular user can´t overwrite. It´s is usually located on server and drive with cad admin.

It means: If your cadadmin specified a pro_colormap_path in config.SUP it will ignore your local configs.pro.

I changed the space with underline but the problem was in another config that i did not change....

thanks for help.

B.R.

Top Tags