cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

how to design a pressure vessel...?

asrivastava
1-Newbie

how to design a pressure vessel...?

how to design a pressure vessel according to asme code...?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:asrivastava)

This is a fairly vague question.

What are your intents? Having parameters in the model based on the section of code I, IV, VIII, PP? Driving the design based on those parameters?

Are you looking to do stress calculations beyond the ASME Code calculations?

Do you have up to date copies of the ASME code?

There is a lot that goes into designing a code vessel.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

This is a fairly vague question.

What are your intents? Having parameters in the model based on the section of code I, IV, VIII, PP? Driving the design based on those parameters?

Are you looking to do stress calculations beyond the ASME Code calculations?

Do you have up to date copies of the ASME code?

There is a lot that goes into designing a code vessel.

the first one ..

how to have parameters in mode,l based on bpvc codes..

Can you please elaborate the requirement.

What exactly you want to do, do you want to create 3D model and drawing as per ASME code in Pro/E.

//BR

Manoj

I want to know that ,in creo whether there is any tool through which we can prepare pressure vessel by giving specification according to asme codes?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

There are a lot a variables and factors that go into the design of a pressure vessel. Fired (Section I, IV) and unfired (Section VIII)? For fired, the number of passes. Is it a water tube or a fire tube boiler? Water tube - what shape? Fire tube - single furnace or multiple furnace? Tanks - stationary or mobile? Earthquake zone?.......

Good luck.

Hello Dale Rosema,

I am working on Heat Exchanger and pressure vessel product.

Do you have knowledge on Heat exchanger , tube sheet hole pattern creation?

I am struggling to create the hole pattern on tubesheet using creo,

Can you please guide me.

Regards,

Manoj

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:mwaghmode)

I worked mainly with fire tube boilers. We did radial pattern around the furnace on the furnace in the combustion chamber head. Similarly we did a quasi radial pattern in the 3rd pass of the tubes. For the forth pass, it was more of a diamond shaped closest fit with the remaining space below the water surface.

Here is a quick shot of a radial pattern. I didn't set any dimensions (i.e. quick shot). The pattern is about the axis of the furnace centerline. From here it just depends on the diameter of the tube and the spacing that is require - determined by you heat transfer and water volume.

This would represent the CC head and the second pass of tubes.

Thanks, Dale

Look this thread over... (I searched the site for "bottles"

Re: Using Datum Graphs in Relations

okay.

is there is any tab though which I can prepare 3d model of pressure vessel.

Top Tags