cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

how to give length and width in BOM of the flat part coming from the bended & rolled sheetmetal?

mgupta-4
1-Newbie

how to give length and width in BOM of the flat part coming from the bended & rolled sheetmetal?

Dear All,

My concern is that my company has specific bend table program for this ,and its tough for me to calculate the length and width of the unbended part ,example I have sheet with 3 mm rolled to 100 MM dia with 100 mm length but so whenever I go with the formula of PI()*D for width ,it deviate from the what creo give.

Is there any method to join the L & WIDTH in d relation from unbended family part.

Thanks,

Manish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We are using Creo 2 and we create a revolved feature in sheet metal for cylinders like your first image.  We change the bend allowance to our company standard for rolled parts, then we create a flat pattern using the flat pattern preview icon and create a family table instance of the flat pattern.  This gives you a flat pattern id which we then use to get the length and width of the flat in our bill of materials.

ROLLED_1.PNG

ROLLED_2.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mgupta-4)

Can you show a picture of what your shape looks like?

The sheetmetal package is designed for bent parts, not rolled ones. We used to do 1" flats on each end of a rolled cylinder, but these were 30" to 60" in diameter.

Dear Ben ,

Please check the image attached . first is of rolled part from which I need the flat part length 2nd image .

similarly 3rd and 4rth for the bended sheetmetal part .

I want to give d-relation of L and width to flat part lengths.

Manish1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

We are using Creo 2 and we create a revolved feature in sheet metal for cylinders like your first image.  We change the bend allowance to our company standard for rolled parts, then we create a flat pattern using the flat pattern preview icon and create a family table instance of the flat pattern.  This gives you a flat pattern id which we then use to get the length and width of the flat in our bill of materials.

ROLLED_1.PNG

ROLLED_2.PNG

Thanks Bunney,

its great reply ,

Can you give some idea of feature id's where this description "W=SMT_FLAT_PATTERN_WIDTH:FID_7386" you come to know .

if you have any link to find out that what can we do by writing what in relation?

But really thanks for this reply.

Manish

After we create the flat pattern and the Flat Pattern ID is shown in the tree we go to TOOLS, then RELATIONS and the width and length lines are at the bottom as shown in the second image in my previous reply, but they are commented out with /* at the beginning and */ at the end of each line.  We delete those and add the id number from the tree after the underscore and then select OK.

flat_05.PNG

flat_06.PNG

Riaz7
5-Regular Member
(To:GaryBunney)

Hi Gary,

Its a old post, though if you are still active on this community, would you help me out further more on this topic. We are using Creo-5 . the issue is with the same topic that i need the Length, Width & Thickness in my BOM when i extract it.

Since i Am new to this relations and parameters. can you kindly help me create a relation.

i followed your screen shot and gave the relations. but its giving the following error. And how do i relate this with the parameters??

It would very nice of you if you elaborate furthermore

relations error.png

kindly help i would be grateful to you

Thanks in advance.

Top Tags