cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

how to make autocad template to creo template for drawings?

mgupta-4
1-Newbie

how to make autocad template to creo template for drawings?

Dear All,

I am working on the Creo drawing phase but sometimes I have to change my drawing template to customer's template and sometimes I have to add some details of the autocad drawings exactly same as of the scale point of view.

I tried to import drawing data but creo said its invalid DWG file.

and another issue when I export Creo drawing to autocad drawing ,the font changed and my all text's underline gone.

Please help me on these topics.

Manish

3 REPLIES 3

One thing I may suggest is to create a dxf file from autocad and then import the dxf into creo.

ron

First of all Create a templatein autocad as per your requirement then save that drawing into .DXF format

1. In creo Go to file new select format next select Empty With Standard Size As A4 Sheet (select any size as per requirement ) hit ok.

2.Layout Option select Import Drawing/data ,select the Earlier created dxf file then hit ok

3. after hitting ok, it will ask for Drawing is larger than format ,Scale to fit fomat ? select yes  now you have successfully imported Autocad File into Creo Fomat

4. Now you can edit add from table or annotate

Hi,

I tried your method to import the AutoCAD dxf file into creo format, but all the text and sketch changes and i tried many ways to import but problem remains.

Can you guide me how can i fix this?

Top Tags