cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

how to move items in an assembly to the footer

DennisRehmer
8-Gravel

how to move items in an assembly to the footer

To all,

I am looking to see how to do two things.

1. Create a footer in an assembly (if it is even an option)
  2. Move an item (part) to the footer

I tried to find it through the Command Search in Creo. When i typed in "footer" it says it is not in the ribbon, but is located in the Shortcut menu.

When i went to the Shortcut menu under the Options, I did not see it.

So if anyone can give some guidance on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

a cut and paste from the help center:

To Move Features to the Regeneration Footer

You can move the features that are created by default in the active list (in the Model Tree above the Insert Here node) to the Regeneration Footer. These features include the Analysis features, Publish Geometry features, Reference feature, Annotation features.

Note

An Interface Feature is created in the footer by default.

1. Right-click the feature that you want to move. The shortcut menu appears.
  2. Click Move to footer.

You can move the feature types mentioned above from the active list to the Regeneration Footer or from the Regeneration Footer feature list back to the active list. 

1. Right-click the feature that you want to move. The shortcut menu appears.
  2. Click Move from footer.

Note

By default, zones are created in the Regeneration Footer feature list. But, for legacy parts that were created in versions before Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0, you must use Move to footer to move the zones to the Regeneration Footer feature list.

You cannot move zones from the Regeneration Footer feature list to the active list.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for, unless you're playing in harnesses...

Top Tags