cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

is Creo 4.0 datecode:F000 a beta release?

jvantassel
1-Newbie

is Creo 4.0 datecode:F000 a beta release?

Does anybody know if Creo 4.0 datecode:F000 is a beta release? Infor PLM 8 Product Data Management says that it is and thats why that don't provide a Creo Integration Tool Kit for this release. Any thoughts?

10 REPLIES 10
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jvantassel)

F000 is the first production release. After that, build code updates will be M###

More info as to what the codes mean are in this post Re: When Creo 4.0 beta are available to download?

Thanks Stephen. Does the first production release equate to a Beta release as INFOR PLM says or is this and excuse by the company for not being prepared with a Creo Integration Tool Kit?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

No, it's a production release that is available to all maintenance users and for new purchases. Definitely not the definition of beta.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

PTC doesn't generally make beta software widely available and files created with the beta version are not compatible with production releases (at least that is what the other link states, I've honestly never tried opening a file I created in a beta test on a production build code)

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You are dealing with the age-old problem of using multiple vendors.

PTC releases Creo 4 for general use, date code F000.

Infor PLM gets their copy and now have something they can code against to update their product to accept Creo 4 data.

PTC released builds of Windchill at the same time as Creo 4, so it can accept Creo 4 data.

Infor PLM may still release an updated version of their product that will work with Creo 4 F000, or they may wait until M010/M020 is released.

In the mean time, you will just have to stay with Creo 3.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:BenLoosli)

Shouldn't vendors get the code BEFORE release so they are ready?

Anyway...does anyone use F000 in production?  It may not be the definition of Beta but I consider it Beta.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

Haha, I started to say that only the brave few actually put F000 in to production but it's still a production release.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

I usually wait until M040 or higher before rolling out a new release to my users.

I do have F000 installed on the non-production side so I can play with it.

Right now the holdup I have is Windchill 10.0 and what it supports. I have to go to Windchill11 before I can use Creo 4. Hopefully before June this year.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

It depends on the relationship between PTC and the third-party vendor.

If it is a complimentary product, PTC may offer early release.

If it is a competing product, they may not.

Internally, Windchill development gets access to the code so it can be released at the same time.

Datecodes starting with a "C" denote a Preproduction release. Datecodes starting with an "F" designate the first release of a product. Datecodes starting with an "M" denote a maintenance release.

Top Tags