cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

issue with assembling angular constraints

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member

issue with assembling angular constraints

Hi all

I am working on a project at the moment that has two issues.

The first issue in this post.

I have created a turret assembly with 8 pockets, and have constraint it with axis & angular constraints.

and then using parameter & relations to set the position.

now this work fine with the first half of the turret up to 180 degrees

ZERO.JPG

the pockets line up correct, but as soon as I pass 180 it reverts.

225.JPG

and the wrong pockets line up.

does any one know of a solution so I can rotate 360 degree.

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

True... it is very difficult to manage that one value in pin constraints.

I have just created a file that does this correctly. It links an assembly sketch to the moving element.

The attached is Creo 2.0 full version.

Hold Alt>select-value-note"Angle nn.n>RMB>Value and change the angle value in the dialog. A value of zero will be converted to 360 internally.

turret_clocking_constraint.PNG

Have your annotation enabled. Regen required for the movement update.

The definition of ANGLE is a parameter but removed from relations so you can change it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

See if using a mechanism constrain might help. Use a pin and then try the same angle constraint and see if that doesn't behave better.

Pro|E has always been problematic about "reversals". You could ask customer service by opening a service ticket to see what they would recommend.

I might try a robust sketch to associate the turret to and see if it follows it better. Unfortunately, this is where fewer mouse clicks times number of attempts really makes the PTC mantra more like white noise.

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I had tried to use a mechanism, but couldn't work out how to assign a parameter to the angle value, so I could created a relation to control its position.

I will try to use it just to see if this will resovle the 1st issue.

True... it is very difficult to manage that one value in pin constraints.

I have just created a file that does this correctly. It links an assembly sketch to the moving element.

The attached is Creo 2.0 full version.

Hold Alt>select-value-note"Angle nn.n>RMB>Value and change the angle value in the dialog. A value of zero will be converted to 360 internally.

turret_clocking_constraint.PNG

Have your annotation enabled. Regen required for the movement update.

The definition of ANGLE is a parameter but removed from relations so you can change it.

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member

Antonius

I have just looked at the file you created, I now understand how to do it,

thank you for your time and effort, this has been a great help.

it might help solve the 2nd issue as well.

Peter

Happy to help, Peter. It is likely not the only way, but we tend to stick with what works

doneill
12-Amethyst

Whaaa... Thank you for the solution I've been looking for!!!

Apparently Creo needs that assembly sketch to relate to so it doesn't get confused past 180 degrees.

I have spent a lot of time looking for a solution, and here it's been since 2014...  

Thank you!  Still relevant!  

Top Tags