cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

layer status propogation for SIMP REPS of assembly skeletons do not function

ptc-4266881
4-Participant

layer status propogation for SIMP REPS of assembly skeletons do not function

Since this a very advanced (many will think unsupported) use case, I will start with I used this functionality for over a decade design space equipment for Lockheed Martin and United Launch Alliance. It definitely did work perfectly up until I stopped using commercial code with Creo 9.0. So, I'm pretty sure we're talking a bug here... and a very important one for my use case because all my designs start with CAE models that work for FEA and rigid-body analyses and then, once a concept is viable, I use those to drive production geometry. For the large vehicle models I do almost all of my upfront work is with curves and surfaces to represent ground and mechanism components AND support quick FEA using beams and shells. Nuff said for importance.

If you retrieve "PD-TM05A_ASKEL01.ASM" as master rep you can hide and show layers and the status works just fine. The most pertinent layer is called "01-ALL_EXT_COPY_GEOMS". However, if you change the rep of that same assembly to "RBA01" you can't get anything at all to work with layers. The screen is blank with no features showing from any model. Nothing you can do with layers (that I've found) will make anything visible.

I guess I'm looking for confirmation from others that they get the same behavior and agree it's a bug. Because there is definitely at least some chance that there are some new config options or something that I don't know about that weren't operative when I was working on the commercial license. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ptc-4266881
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

Hate to admit it but it turns out it's working just fine. i had done something wierd with all of the part simplified reps that had turned the features off in that assembly rep. Sorry to waste your time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

A note for anyone else thinking about opening the models: They were created with the Creo 11 educational license.

@ptc-4266881 unfortunately I don't Creo 11 Ed version installed so I can't help with these specific models.

Have you tried reproducing your workflow in out of the box models that don't have those custom layers?

ptc-4266881
4-Participant

I think those are more-or-less out-of-the-box models. They were created using templates from PTC where the only change is having a custom layers list. I can't imagine that one list of layer names can behave any different than another set of layer names. And, even so, the default ones are to simplistic for managing the work I do.

ptc-4266881
4-Participant

Hate to admit it but it turns out it's working just fine. i had done something wierd with all of the part simplified reps that had turned the features off in that assembly rep. Sorry to waste your time.

Top Tags