cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

lock balloon leaders to specific feature id

WD_9815979
9-Granite

lock balloon leaders to specific feature id

i have a big assembly with a lot of fasterners. many fasteners are the same. those share 1 bom balloon number.

some fasteners are only used in specific configurations of the model.

in this 1 view i have 1 (nut 1 = N1) lock nut that is always used . and 1 (nut 2 = N2) that is only used in configuration X

when in configuration X i need this view to have the balloon on N2. 

the balloon with the same number for N1 is already in a different view

when i have it all set up correctly in configuration X and save it it is fine when i open it

it is when i go to configuration Y that i see that the leader of the ballon from N2 has jumped to N1, the balloon itself is still on its spot so i basicly have a line running tough my view.

when i configure it back to configuration X the leader does not return to N2.

this is very annoying.

i need the balloon AND LEADER to stay with N2, and when N2 is not used i just need it to dissapear. just like the balloons do for normal parts (often only one in the assemlby, so no jumping, just disapearing)

the only workaround that i could think of, and currently using, is to use drawing program and add states with which i hide the balloon when the N2 is not used. this prevents the leader from jumping by removing the whole balloon before it gets a chance to.

this way has become to much work and sensitive to mistakes, as when 1 leader jumps it doent get fixed automaticaly.

does annyone know a way of locking the leader and balloon to a specific feature id?

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

maybe you can create several repeat region tables in your drawing and use them to display balloons for individual configurations.

Martin Hanák

hi,

im sure this could work for smaller assemblys, but i think this will stack up fast for larger assemblys

and i imagine it would be more work then what i do now..?

thanks for your suggestion tho

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:WD_9815979)

If you are using rpt.index and no duplicates, you can not attach a balloon to a specific item.

hi

thats what i have it set to now. how do i need to change it to be able to attach a balloon to a specific item?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:WD_9815979)

I don't think there is a solution, at least not an out of the box solution. I assume you are trying to automate drawing create somewhat and I really have no experience in that area.

hi

im not making an automate drawing create, would be usefull tho.

i just have a model that can be configured into about 100k+ different versions of the product.

something like this: Creo+Excel Automation - PTC Community

but a lot more.

based on the fact that i can use logic in pro proprogram to have parts added or not made me think creo parametric was kind of set up for this.

but in general i have a hard time finding information when i get stuck on something silly like this

Top Tags