cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

mapkey for hide/unhide in WF5

DavidFrancis
1-Newbie

mapkey for hide/unhide in WF5

Hello,

I apologize if this is beating a dead horse or an easy question, (I did do a search).

We would like a simple "h" mapkey to hide and unhide the selected model/assembly, either in the model tree or graphics area.

I appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

David T. Francis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

I think I remember we tried it....but found the middle mouse function to be an issue. I cannot remember if we ver got it to work correctly.

Maybe I am missing something here. You have to select the component from the model tree or model first. At that point one can do a right mouse click, hide. That is two mouse clicks vs a one key stroke mapkey. Not much difference but it is there...

~Doug

All....I meant RMB not middle.

In the attached config.pro file there are 3 mapkeys that I find usefull for hiding and unhiding parts / sub-assmblies while working in upper level assemblies. You can append this to your local config.pro file in your startup directory

hc --- Hide the selected component

spo--- Select parent object usefull for selecting the sub-assembly level of the current selected component.

ua--- Unhide all

Also you can use Ctrl+z to undo the last hide & Ctrl+Y to redo the last hide.

Dave McClinton

Sr. Mechanical Designer / MCAD System Admin

"RCP"

Richardson Cooling Packages, LLC

731 Moravia Street

New Castle, PA 16101

Phone: 724-698-1015

Fax: 724-652-4142

Email:dmccl@coolingpackages.com

Web:

Hi Dave,

Do you still have these mapkeys in a config? I can't find the attachment.

BR,

Heidi Åman

Attached is a config.pro file of the Mapkeys mentioned
These were created in CREO 2.0

Yo can append these to you local config.pro file

Regards

Dave McClinton
Sr. Mechanical Designer
Xylem@

Thank you

Dave,

Thanks a lot for this. The spo and the crtl-z are terrific tips.

Nate

Top Tags