cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

mechanical drawing standards

al204
1-Newbie

mechanical drawing standards

Hello proe users...

I'm setting up all the formats for mechanical drawings at my company.

What drawing standards do you follow when creating drawings?

what drawing options do you set up in order to follow the afore mentioned standards?

thank you.

using wf 3.0

al.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:al204)

First figure out what standards your company will follow. ANSI/ASME, ISO, or JIS (among a few other). Then find all the config options that relate to these.

If you are unfortunate enough where you must follow multiple standards, you will need to do this several times and make "start parts" or templates for each.

In my business, I have various clients so I 1st need to learn what each one does. This make for a real nightmare when setting up Creo. There is always some -variation- of a standard.

Top Tags