cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

multiple leaders for auto created balloons

DennisRehmer
8-Gravel

multiple leaders for auto created balloons

To all,

I was wondering if there is a way to add a leader to an auto created BOM balloon on a drawing. I have a view with multiple items that are the same and cannot find how to add another attachment for the additional parts.

Also, does anyone have a custom symbol that you can have multiple balloons for the same leader. this would be good when pointing to a bolted assembly where you have a bolt/screw, washer and nut. This way you have one leader for all three, and don't need three separate balloons for each part.

One more item, is there a way to add in the quantity on the BOM balloon?

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To close this community thread on BOM Balloons properties

Summary of the exchanges and list of solutions:

• Automatic repeat region/BOM balloons cannot have multiple attachments as indicated by article CS21564
    • As a workaround you could add a Balloon Note from the Table tab of the ribbon (Balloons drop down) or Annotate tab (Annotations drop down menu). Then use the Edit > Attachment to add Reference from Annotate tab. The entered number won't be parametric and associated with the region.
    • You can also create your own Customer symbols, see article CS46380
  • To stack different BOM balloons together you can use the Merge command, in fact this feature is also available for simple balloons since Creo Parametric, see article CS54183

cgorni_0-1641569921096.png

• To enable the quantity in balloons you can edit the Table Properties and switch the Type to Quantity Split Circle in the BOM Balloons tab as suggested in the article CS75733
    • This can be configured by default with the Detail option default_bom_balloon_type since Creo Parametric, see article CS1044866

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Split balloon will allow you to put the quantity in one half.

I believe you can click on the annotate tab, right click the balloon, add reference then click and hold CTRL and click all the areas you want the extra leaders to..

It's not possible to add reference to a bom balloon. Only regular notes allow for multiple leaders.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:James62)

It is not possible to do this for parametric balloons (driven by repeat regions). You could create your own symbol that looks like a balloon and manually add it with multiple leaders (although I wouldn't advocate for this).

You are not the first to make this request. It may be a good product idea request.

‌For you're second request Creo accomplishes this by merging balloons.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:DennisRehmer)

To add the quantity:

• Select the whole table
  • Right click and select properties
  • On the BOM Balloons tab change the Type to Quantity Split

Use window select, query select, or hove mouse off corner of table to highlight the whole table.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Depending on the amount of items in a view I just "Create Balloons - All" delete all the balloons that I do not want multiples of, and then "Create Balloons - View". This will give me multiple instances of a single balloon number(say if you have multiple switches or fasteners that look the same in a view but are technically different PN) and then the rest of the items can be identified by the single balloon.

To close this community thread on BOM Balloons properties

Summary of the exchanges and list of solutions:

• Automatic repeat region/BOM balloons cannot have multiple attachments as indicated by article CS21564
    • As a workaround you could add a Balloon Note from the Table tab of the ribbon (Balloons drop down) or Annotate tab (Annotations drop down menu). Then use the Edit > Attachment to add Reference from Annotate tab. The entered number won't be parametric and associated with the region.
    • You can also create your own Customer symbols, see article CS46380
  • To stack different BOM balloons together you can use the Merge command, in fact this feature is also available for simple balloons since Creo Parametric, see article CS54183

cgorni_0-1641569921096.png

• To enable the quantity in balloons you can edit the Table Properties and switch the Type to Quantity Split Circle in the BOM Balloons tab as suggested in the article CS75733
    • This can be configured by default with the Detail option default_bom_balloon_type since Creo Parametric, see article CS1044866
Top Tags