cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

navy blue colour in save as pdf

Robert_K
4-Participant

navy blue colour in save as pdf

Dears, 

I have two questions.

1. When I am in assembly or part, and want to use option File > Save as > and choose saving type as pdf. Then I get an effect like in attachment. I have a background colour in appearances set as white. Why do i get this navy blue colour as a background in pdf? How can I make it white?
  2. Is there a possibility to make a perspective view on the drawing?

I am using Creo 5.0 M040.

Thank you in advance for any hints.

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Robert_K wrote:

Dears, 

I have two questions.

1. When I am in assembly or part, and want to use option File > Save as > and choose saving type as pdf. Then I get an effect like in attachment. I have a background colour in appearances set as white. Why do i get this navy blue colour as a background in pdf? How can I make it white?

Robert

Hi,

this problem is related to graphic card drivers.

Read https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?source=Sitecore Article Viewer&art_lang=en&n=CS320103  document and try finding the right version of graphic card drivers.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi, 

I just ran into this issue when a user was attempting to save a JPEG. We were able to narrow it down to the system colors file. Try launching without a system colors file and see if that fixes the issue. I think the issue is related to gradient backgrounds. 

Robert_K
4-Participant
(To:Tdaugherty)

@Tdaugherty Moonstone: what do you mean by " launching without a system colors file"?

Most likely, you are pointing to a system colors file in your config file. You can comment out that line or add a new path in your own config to a new file. Kinda depends on how you have your environment set up. Alternatively, switch to one of the default backgrounds in the options menu before exporting your file. 

Robert_K
4-Participant
(To:Tdaugherty)

I changed to "black on white" standard System Colors and exported it to my own Syscol file in my config directory.

Closed Creo, opened again with a "new" Syscol but still cannot export it without this gradient. 😞

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Robert_K)

I does appear to be a gradient.  In Options, select No Gradient.

kdirth_0-1605206252514.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Robert_K
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

Hi,

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately it seems that it is not the issue. I do have "checked" no gradient box and it still appears as in my pdf.

Is there a possibility that it "bites" with some other command?

Based on my testing, I don't think unchecking that box solves the issue. You need to actually launch with a clean system colors file. 

dnordin
15-Moonstone

Robert,

Try setting the following config.pro options and try again.

enable_opengl_fbo no
enable_opengl_vbo no
enable_opengl_shader no

Regards,

D. Nordin

Robert_K
4-Participant
(To:dnordin)

Hi D. Nordin,

I could find in the configuration only "enable_opengl_shader". See attachment.

Unfortunately changing to "no" didnt help.

Br,

Robert

dnordin
15-Moonstone

Robert,

The other options are hidden options. You can simply type them in. You will need to save the config.pro file as these options require you to restart Creo Parametric.

Regards,

Dan

Robert_K
4-Participant
(To:dnordin)

Hi Dan,

It worked 🙂

at least it helped with the background. Thank you a lot.

However it makes that the colours of the model changes significantly. I see that they are much darker (test.pdf). I checked it also with other models.

Is it possible to keep the colours (dtest.pdf)?

@Robert_K wrote:

Dears, 

I have two questions.

Robert

Hi,

this problem is related to graphic card drivers.

Read https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?source=Sitecore Article Viewer&art_lang=en&n=CS320103  document and try finding the right version of graphic card drivers.

Martin Hanák
Robert_K
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

This was the solution. 

Thanks a lot! 

Best regards,

Robert

Top Tags