cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

packaged components move back to the origin of the assembly

PetePickettII
12-Amethyst

packaged components move back to the origin of the assembly

I have a harness assembly that has fully constrained parts (designed in the flat state, not using MFG), but i am going to spin this off to put in an assy.   So i want to go in to each componenet and delete the assy constraints.  as soon as i do that component snaps to the origin of the assy instead of being left alone in space where i deleted its original constraints.  It's been happening for years and I cant figure out why.   I will eventually fix their locations, but why is this happening?

Why cant you remove assy constraints leaving it packaged without it moving and flipping to default?  

Using Creo 3 M080

4 REPLIES 4

Check your config.pro for comp_assemble_start, I suspect you have it set to DEFAULT

Mine is set to PACKAGE

I set that config to PACKAGE but didn't see any difference when I deleted constraints from an existing component.

they still snapped to the center of the assembly Csys origin.  Thanks for the try!

Did you get an answer to this problem?  I might have a solution but didn't want to pursue explaining it unless you still need it...Barry S

it was a datecode bug.  running a newer datecode and its fine h now thanks

Top Tags