cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

painted part

opavot
1-Newbie

painted part

Hello Everybody

I have to creat a painted ruller but I really don't know the wait to have the differents colors on the same surface

As you can see , I have 2 backgrooves colors ( red and green) and the letters are in white

I want to creat differents areas on the top surface but nothing work

If you have already face and solve this problem it will be great for me

Olivier

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are basically two ways.

1) Add a "decal". In the appearence editor, there is an option to add a decal, basically an image and place it on the surface, the same as changing the color. This may require changing the image to make changes on the part, the re-applying the image as a decal.

2) Create a very thin "cut" to apply a different surface color. This is what I probably would do. I would create a very thin cut, approx .001, very difficult to see if showing 3D model, but good enough to have a boundry for changing the color.

Paul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There are basically two ways.

1) Add a "decal". In the appearence editor, there is an option to add a decal, basically an image and place it on the surface, the same as changing the color. This may require changing the image to make changes on the part, the re-applying the image as a decal.

2) Create a very thin "cut" to apply a different surface color. This is what I probably would do. I would create a very thin cut, approx .001, very difficult to see if showing 3D model, but good enough to have a boundry for changing the color.

Paul

Hi Paul

I follow the way N°2 , creating of a thin cut to "split" the surface , now I can have 2 colors of background

Many thanks for your help

Olivier

Top Tags