cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

parts in assy loose their constraints

chshasa1
10-Marble

parts in assy loose their constraints

hi all

 

we are facing a problem regarding some parts constraint within an assembly. 

when we constrain them in the first place, everything looks good (fully constraint, ok).

if we then open the define window of that part again, the constraints are changed (as you can see in the picture).

first there were 3 constraints: 1. coincident, 2 & 3. distance, after reopening the define window. the 2. & 3. constraints are changed to coincident with the target surface as "not in memory".

same happens, if we reopen the whole assembly after saving and checking in.

we are using Creo Parametric 7.0.2.0

thanks in advance

 

 

 

Feel the magic
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hi all

 

i will close this one, it somehow got resolved by the user itself and never happened again..

 

thanks for support.

Feel the magic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7


@chshasa1 wrote:

hi all

 

we are facing a problem regarding some parts constraint within an assembly. 

when we constrain them in the first place, everything looks good (fully constraint, ok).

if we then open the define window of that part again, the constraints are changed (as you can see in the picture).

first there were 3 constraints: 1. coincident, 2 & 3. distance, after reopening the define window. the 2. & 3. constraints are changed to coincident with the target surface as "not in memory".

same happens, if we reopen the whole assembly after saving and checking in.

we are using Creo Parametric 7.0.2.0

thanks in advance

 

 

 


Hi,

what happens when you open Master assembly? Inside the picture I can see SimRep info.


Martin Hanák

hey Martin

it's the same behavior there.

the target part is in all reps provided.

Feel the magic


@chshasa1 wrote:

hey Martin

it's the same behavior there.

the target part is in all reps provided.


Hi,

 

Q: Are you able to reproduce the problem on different assemblies?

 

Q: Can you record a video showing the initial assembling and then the redefinition and upload it?

 


Martin Hanák

hi

 

yes, it happened even in another assembly in the meantime.

 

here is a video:
https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20231017KUk2pYPY

 

can you please check if this works with the link?

Feel the magic
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:chshasa1)

@chshasa1 

Not sure you will get many clicks on that link. You can upload your video as an attachment to a post or use the insert video icon.

 

 

 


@chshasa1 wrote:

hi

 

yes, it happened even in another assembly in the meantime.

 

here is a video:
https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20231017KUk2pYPY

 

can you please check if this works with the link?


Hi,

 

MartinHanak_0-1697610094420.png

  • the assembly contains multiple occurrences of 3BHE032274R0006.PRT component
  • each of these components is assembled independently of the others (why you do not use pattern functionality ?)
  • therefore, you need to fix the assembly of all these components

If you want to avoid a tedious component assembling fix, then you need to find out which external references have disappeared from the assembly. If these references are suppressed then you can resume them. If these references were deleted then you have to fix the assembling of all these components.

  • 2nd occurrence of 3BHE032274R0006.PRT usesMartinHanak_1-1697610934129.png
  • 3rd occurrence of 3BHE032274R0006.PRT uses MartinHanak_2-1697611111214.png
    • after cancelling component placement redefinition you can see MartinHanak_3-1697613135484.png message (time 1:55)

 

 

 


Martin Hanák

hi all

 

i will close this one, it somehow got resolved by the user itself and never happened again..

 

thanks for support.

Feel the magic
Top Tags