cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

pattern with axis to foll certain angle with any amount of holes

szycha63
8-Gravel

pattern with axis to foll certain angle with any amount of holes

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 7.0 (connected) 7.0 7.0.4.0

pattern using axis to fill up certain angle is gray out
how to fill up 300 degrees with 17 holes?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

this symbol is gray out I can not use it 

that's why I did open this case

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:szycha63)

To change to fill up, click the angle button shown below 

StephenWilliams_0-1638560955587.png

So in order to create this pattern You HAVE TO CREATE AXIS I did not think about that but I did use axis from the part - wow 

another great PTC genius idea

StephenW
23-Emerald II

By far, they easiest way is to use an Axis pattern which requires an axis at the center of rotation. 99% of the usages are cylindrical parts that are easy. But, there are some usages that make the axis pattern super useful and all I have to do is create an axis where I need it and I can pattern anything around that random axis location. It makes for a very useful feature.

I don't understand what you mean. It's a pattern about an axis, so you need to have an axis. Do you mean in Creo 7 you need to create a *new* axis? That would be an odd change from the standard behavior.

The reason I did created this case its that I was trying to use existing axis and this option(pointed by red arrow above) was gray out so I do not understand why I can not create such function in Creo 7 which seems to be basic function

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Did you figure out what the problem was? You have to select the axis of rotation before it lets you choose the angles or pattern qty.

I did it 

look still does not let me do it 

szycha63_0-1638806778700.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Click the button that looks like an angle dimension. That's how you toggle between a defined angle between holes and a fill the angle.

StephenWilliams_0-1638807112892.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Click on the angle symbol kdirth_0-1638807153967.pngthen change the total angle.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

this symbol is gray out I can not use it 

that's why I did open this case

I make it works - what's a silly staff 

the funny think is that you can not change it either delete pattern and start all over again or not 

typical creo - crap

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Open a tech support case with PTC technical support. Seems like there is something specific to your part or your installation.

Guys

I made it work 

its typical creo crap and misleading the user

360 degree is gray out but if you click angle sign it changes - what a stupid idea

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Your screen shot shows the angle value grayed out but the symbol is not.  Click the symbol to switch to fill mode and the angle value will not be gray.

kdirth_0-1638811397977.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Hi,

please upload Creo file. This is better than publish a picture with very low resolution.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags