cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

"Error writing file, check disk space or write permission"

SS_10441348
3-Visitor

"Error writing file, check disk space or write permission"

Trying to save an assembly to a network file share "Working Directory". There is a library that holds some of the components for the assembly here - C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 9.0.2.0\Common Files\ifx\parts\prolibrary. When I save, I get the "error writing file, check disk space or write permission". No disk space issues, have read/write access to the network location. If I remove the local library parts, the assembly saves.

What is causing this?

1 REPLY 1

@SS_10441348 wrote:

Trying to save an assembly to a network file share "Working Directory". There is a library that holds some of the components for the assembly here - C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 9.0.2.0\Common Files\ifx\parts\prolibrary. When I save, I get the "error writing file, check disk space or write permission". No disk space issues, have read/write access to the network location. If I remove the local library parts, the assembly saves.

What is causing this?

Hi,

maybe you do not use IFX application to assemble components located in C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 9.0.2.0\Common Files\ifx\parts\prolibrary directory. Instead of it you assemble them the same way as any other component. When you save assembly Creo tries to save files into C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 9.0.2.0\Common Files\ifx\parts\prolibrary directory and this operation fails.

Try adding following options into config.pro file.

---

override_store_back NO
save_object_in_current NO

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags