cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

"old thickness range?"

jeffsampson
1-Newbie

"old thickness range?"

body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color: #ffffff;color: black;}Gurus,
I'm working on an older model, probably created in an earlier version of WF4 (currently in WF4 M190). I have a failure on a surface thicken where it tells me:
"Thickness value of Thicken was defined in old thickness range. It can lead to bad geometry creation and inconsistency with Extrude Thin."
The thickness was 3.5mm, but now Pro is telling me that the minimum is 5.5mm. What is "old thickness range" and why won't it work now? The part is Absolute accuracy so that hasn't changed (I've been down that road before - learned the value of absolute accuracy). If I make it 5.5mm it will regenerate, but then I'll have to do a bunch of added features to get it back down to 3.5mm.
I've had this before and was able to temporarily change accuracy to get it to regen, then change accuracy back. Dumb, but it sometimes works. In this case, the part is too complex and fails if I change the accuracy. Any hints?
Jeff
--Jeff Sampson -
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags