cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

rearrenging BOM

ptc-3256224
1-Newbie

rearrenging BOM

how to rearrenge BOM in drawing.it is in repeat region.

Parts are not in sequence I want move parts up and down in BOM.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, try using Repeat Region->Fix Index->Fix->Record

You should then be able to fix a selected row in a particular position.

Hugo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi, what do you mean by not in sequence?

You can manipulate the BOM in different ways from the "Repeat Region" function in the Data group on the Table tab (given you are on Creo 1 or 2).

If you want to re-number items, you can achieve this with the Fix Index function, with this you can give a specific item the item number you want, and it will not change until it is manually unfixed.

You can also sort the region in forward or backwards sequence for any selected data column by the use of Sort Regions function.

My practise is to put a parameter (say name = part_no) in all the assembly components and enter the number as I want. Then instead of rpt_index I put the parameter (asm.mbr.part_no) Then short the region from smallest to largest.

Regards,

Jayanta Sarkar

Hi, try using Repeat Region->Fix Index->Fix->Record

You should then be able to fix a selected row in a particular position.

Hugo

Kamlakar,

You can use the mathod suggested by Jayantha or,

As Hugo suggested, using fix index. Steps for fixing index will be as:

1. Table > Repeat Region > Fix Index > Select the region (Table)

2. Select the component which you would like to fix (e.g. should be number one), Enter 1 > Hit enter

3. Select second enter number 2

4. Perform the above steps for other required components, Done > Done

Top Tags