cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

ref_color1 has changed to bright white

tsorel
1-Newbie

ref_color1 has changed to bright white

I am using Creo 3.0 M010. My default part color recently changed from some shade of gray to bright white. I cannot figure out how to change it back. I think it occurred when restarting after I changed the edge resolution while working with cylindrical parts. It's pretty bad since we use a white background (to copy images to presentations) and the parts are now barely visible. I've tried changing the RGB or the intensity or ambient properties but they cannot be changed.

The parts starts out with the default ref_color1 which is now white (90% intensity) but I now see another called <ref_color1> that is the gray (white with 60% intensity) I used to have. Why did the system change the default?

Any clues? Thanks.

Capture.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you can test adding following options into config.pro file:

enable_opengl_fbo no

enable_opengl_vbo no

enable_opengl_shader no

In the past I met similar problem in Creo Parametric 2.0. It was caused by syscol.scl file containing following line:

USE_PRE_WILDFIRE_ENTITY_COLOR YES

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

you can test adding following options into config.pro file:

enable_opengl_fbo no

enable_opengl_vbo no

enable_opengl_shader no

In the past I met similar problem in Creo Parametric 2.0. It was caused by syscol.scl file containing following line:

USE_PRE_WILDFIRE_ENTITY_COLOR YES

MH

Martin Hanák

but now all my appearance gallery thumbnails are dimmed. The last time this happened it would crash every time I added color. That was another problem where Creo was accessing an older ProE color file. I see these things are related...Capture.JPG

tsorel
1-Newbie
(To:tsorel)

Thank you so much. I did not have the first two config options so changing the "enable_opengl_shader no" may have fixed it. I also opened the syscol.scl file and manually changed the entry "USE_PRE_WILDFIRE_COLOR_SCHEME" to "NO" which may also have been the one to fix it.

Now, it would  be great to understand what event happened on 3/22/16 that changed the syscol.scl file...

Top Tags