cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

regarding 2D creo format

Scott_01
2-Guest

regarding 2D creo format

Hello! everyone:) hope you are all doing great!

I want to change the "part number" in the table for 6 sheets at a time in creo 2D drawing. I just wonder that is there any process to do such thing? Could you please share your ideas/experinces how you guys solved this situtaion before when you met? Thanks much in advance:) 

7 REPLIES 7

Most implementations of Creo I know about have such information provided by parameters in the model being used for the drawing. For example, a parameter called "partnumber" that is a String, and is defined in a part or assembly. When a drawing is started, it uses a part/assembly, so that parameter is available. To use it in the drawing a reference is typed into the table, note, or wherever you want to see it, in the form &partnumber.

Doing the "prep" work of setting  a parameter for this value means it is automatically there in things like page formats and such. I haven't had to type a part number into a drawing format table in decades.

Thanks for the reply Mr. KenFarley 🙂 Yeah..... thats a great option to update the part number at a time in multiple sheets. But may I know is there any way to update the part number, description or date in multiple sheets at a time without following the model? 

For example I opened the drawing in 2D creo with a format which is having 5 sheets. Now I want to update the date in all the sheets at a time! May I know is that possible to do such thing without following the model?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Scott_01)

When you open a 2D drawing, the model file from that drawing is open at the same time. If the parameter is a shared parameter, then all of the drawings will be updated when you update the parameter.

If they're just tables with text in them, not referencing any parameters, I don't know of any way to replace one field on all sheets. There is not a "search and replace" functionality that I know of.

The key to this stuff is having the prep work done ahead of time. Not so helpful if you're dealing with old files, though.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Scott_01)

Are the drawing formats setup with tables and parameters to drive the information automatically?

Takes a bit of time for a new installation, but time well spent.

Hello! BenLoosli, Thanks for the reply 🙂 And regarding your question, the formats are set up by my company long time ago. Just to save the time, I'm curious about is there any way to update the date, part num, or description in the table at a time in multiple sheets without following the model?

Thanks in advance 🙂

@Scott_01 wrote:

Hello! BenLoosli, Thanks for the reply 🙂 And regarding your question, the formats are set up by my company long time ago. Just to save the time, I'm curious about is there any way to update the date, part num, or description in the table at a time in multiple sheets without following the model?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi,

answer to your question is simple ... it depends on how your formats and the tables in them are created. You have to do some investigation.

Note: I guess you cannot upload them.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags