cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

rotate text for angle dimension

AnthonyC
7-Bedrock

rotate text for angle dimension

Hi, 

Is it possible to rotate the text for angle dimenions call out?

please see attached example.

i would like the orientation of the text to be on the same side of the dimension line, rather than opposite as shown 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:AnthonyC)

I don't think it is possible to get one of them to flip and read the same as the other.  Creo is trying to keep the text closer to right side up. flipping the lower one would make it closer to upside down.

You could move the lower text up above the horizontal axis to get it to flip.  The other option is to make both oriented horizontal.

kdirth_0-1685018857118.png 

kdirth_1-1685018944684.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise

The text orientation is controlled by the Display control box.  Parallel Above is what is shown in your image.  Parallel outside may be what you want.

kdirth_0-1684939006765.png

AnthonyC
7-Bedrock
(To:kdirth)

ok then how can i filp the text to read the same as the other text?

AnthonyC_0-1684992867044.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I don't think it is possible to get one of them to flip and read the same as the other.  Creo is trying to keep the text closer to right side up. flipping the lower one would make it closer to upside down.

You could move the lower text up above the horizontal axis to get it to flip.  The other option is to make both oriented horizontal.

kdirth_0-1685018857118.png 

kdirth_1-1685018944684.png

AnthonyC
7-Bedrock
(To:kdirth)

thanks for trying, these were the other solutions i already suggested to my team. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

@AnthonyC  Feel free to add your other suggestions here to this post also. Maybe you will help someone in the community by sharing other options!

Top Tags