cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

rotated hole pattern centerline fixed horizontal and not angled to center

RussC
5-Regular Member

rotated hole pattern centerline fixed horizontal and not angled to center

I have an issue that I can't figure out. I have a model of a flange with a 16x hole pattern. I added a feature to cut slots in place of the holes. This part was on an existing drawing, so I am updating the drawing to dimension the slots. When I use the "Show Model Annotations", under the datum tabs, the centerlines for the holes show as I want, where one line is pointing towards the center for each location. But the centerlines for the slot ends are all vertical/horizontal. Both features are using the axis pattern feature, not referencing each other. If I create a new drawing with the same part using the same drawing template, then the centerlines all show as I want. The drawing I need to update will not show them correctly. I'm completely stuck. I've tried re-creating the slot features different ways. I've removed the model from the drawing, saved, closed creo, opened the drawing back up and added the model back in, and a few other things, but nothing has worked. I created the mating flange exactly the same way, and the centerlines showed correctly on that part's separate drawing. It's just this one drawing that's giving me a headache.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RussC)

I don't know why it's working differently. It may be in drawing settings. I think I would try to re-apply your company's latest drawing settings using file - prepare - drawing properties - detail options change - then the open dialog and then you will have to navigate to where-ever your company keeps their drawing setup (maybe set under the common folders, drawing setup directory (maybe not))

The VERY MANUAL WORK-AROUND is, you can select the axis each axis and use the edit attachment and then if you know the angles you want, you can use "enter angle" or easier, you can use the "through geom" and then select the center axis of the part to rotate the h/v centerline to point to the center axis of the part and you may need to shorten the axis that ends up tangent to the bolt circle.

You'll have to do that for each axis.

I wouldn't recommend the work-around for everyday manipulation but to get finished with a problem drawing quickly...

RussC
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know you could edit attachment on centerlines. The manual method is going to get me by this time. Reloading the setup file didn't seem to change anything.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RussC)

Glad I could help a little.
Top Tags