cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

set colours for quild edges in drawings

Ben8
9-Granite

set colours for quild edges in drawings

Hi

As we know, by default Creo shows edges of quilds (surfaces) in pink on drawings. A Creo user can change the quild display colour on his/her machine through the Creo display settings (Options > System appearance>Global colors), but that doesn't affect how other users see that same drawing (other users will still see those edges in pink).

I would like to find a way how to set the colours of quild edges in my drawing views. I am happy to set colours for all lines on each affected drawing view if that's required.

However, when aiming to set the "Line Style" (Creo drawing: Layout tab > Format section>Line Style>Modify Lines) I can't select any quilds. The selection filter is showing "All" but Creo doesn't pick up the quild edges (when I hover the mouse over the quilds, it just doesn't pick up anything).

So the question - how can I change the colour of those quild edges?

Please let mw know if any screenshots / screen video recordings would be helpful

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Ben8)

Hi,

ask PTC Support why quilt edge color cannot be changed.

• create user color scheme for requested display of quilt edges
  • create mapkey which sets the above mentioned user color scheme
  • send both modifications to all users

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

ask PTC Support why quilt edge color cannot be changed.

• create user color scheme for requested display of quilt edges
  • create mapkey which sets the above mentioned user color scheme
  • send both modifications to all users

Martin Hanák

Essentially, I just wanted to confirm that quild edge colour can not be changed, and im not just missing something.

So thank you Martin for confirming, I will mark you answer as solution.

I don't see the point of reporting anything to PTC - they seem to have unresolved tickets since 2012 so I wouldn't be holding my breath. 

Common settings for all users isn't a solution - I don't have access to Publisher so the published PDFs would still be pink. That's why I want to _set_ the line colour in the View, so that it wouldn't depend on the Creo / computer settings.

Thank you for the help anyway, a negative answer is still an answer.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I don't understand the term Publisher ...

I hope that you know that during PDF producing Creo is able to apply pen table. The appropriate setting of pen table resolves your problem with pink edges.

Martin Hanák

Yes, I am aware of Pen tables.

With the term Publisher I am referring to Windchill being connected to some certain computer with Creo. Publisher is a system of those two softwares which saves out a Creo Viewer viewable on every check-in (so that everyone could see the creo file without having / using Creo) and when file gets into Approved state in WC then on top of Viewable, the Publisher also saves out the PDF of a drawing and a STEP file of the part / assembly. Hope it answers it.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Ben8 wrote:

Yes, I am aware of Pen tables.

With the term Publisher I am referring to Windchill being connected to some certain computer with Creo. Publisher is a system of those two softwares which saves out a Creo Viewer viewable on every check-in (so that everyone could see the creo file without having / using Creo) and when file gets into Approved state in WC then on top of Viewable, the Publisher also saves out the PDF of a drawing and a STEP file of the part / assembly. Hope it answers it.

Hi,

it seems to me that the solution is easy >>> create suitable pentable and ask Windchill admin to configure PDF generator to use this pentable.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags