cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

setting piping precut lengths to 1" incerments

jgronwick
3-Visitor

setting piping precut lengths to 1" incerments

Is there a way to set the precut lengths to 1" increments in a piping line stock file?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jgronwick)

I don't remember any options for setting precut lengths.

Are you talking about when you report this information on a drawing? If so, you can simply add the [.0] to the end of the reporting parameter so it rounds to zero decimal places.  Probably not really what you are asking, but thought I would throw it out there anyways.

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for predetermined length increments that piping will take into account when routing the design. Similar to the acceptable bend radii and angle.

Kevin
10-Marble

Not sure if these will help but there are parameters for Spec Driven and Non-Spec Driven design that set the minimum and maximum segment lengths.

Non-Spec Parameters:

MIN_STRAIGHT_LENGTH

MAX_OVERALL_LENGTH

Spec Parameters (dialog box):

Max Overall Length

Max Segment Length

Min Segment Length

jgronwick
3-Visitor
(To:Kevin)

No, but thanks. I'm looking to set line stock in 1" increments.

I think that I will need to set decimals to zero and ceil the pre cut value in the relation of the solid part. I was trying incorporate that in the design of the pipe.

Kevin
10-Marble

While it doesn't specifically set the value it does set a rule to check pipeline segments. Setting both values to 1 will flag segments less than 1 and segments greater than 1 as violating the rule but it's still up to the user to change the segment length to the correct value. Based on what I'm seeing you can't set a relation because the value gets locked by Piping.

jgronwick
3-Visitor
(To:Kevin)

Correct. I will only use this value of a quantity value for documentation.

Top Tags