cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

setting piping precut lengths to 1" incerments

jgronwick
3-Visitor

setting piping precut lengths to 1" incerments

Is there a way to set the precut lengths to 1" increments in a piping line stock file?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jgronwick)

I don't remember any options for setting precut lengths.

Are you talking about when you report this information on a drawing? If so, you can simply add the [.0] to the end of the reporting parameter so it rounds to zero decimal places.  Probably not really what you are asking, but thought I would throw it out there anyways.

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for predetermined length increments that piping will take into account when routing the design. Similar to the acceptable bend radii and angle.

Kevin
10-Marble

Not sure if these will help but there are parameters for Spec Driven and Non-Spec Driven design that set the minimum and maximum segment lengths.

Non-Spec Parameters:

MIN_STRAIGHT_LENGTH

MAX_OVERALL_LENGTH

Spec Parameters (dialog box):

Max Overall Length

Max Segment Length

Min Segment Length

jgronwick
3-Visitor
(To:Kevin)

No, but thanks. I'm looking to set line stock in 1" increments.

I think that I will need to set decimals to zero and ceil the pre cut value in the relation of the solid part. I was trying incorporate that in the design of the pipe.

Kevin
10-Marble

While it doesn't specifically set the value it does set a rule to check pipeline segments. Setting both values to 1 will flag segments less than 1 and segments greater than 1 as violating the rule but it's still up to the user to change the segment length to the correct value. Based on what I'm seeing you can't set a relation because the value gets locked by Piping.

jgronwick
3-Visitor
(To:Kevin)

Correct. I will only use this value of a quantity value for documentation.

Top Tags