cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

sheetmetal hem? Where did it go

davehaigh
11-Garnet

sheetmetal hem? Where did it go

I don't use sheetmetal mode often, I'm trying to add a hem to a part, and I don't find anything in the creo 2 update training on it, search for hem in Creo turns up nothing. What happened to this functionality?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Help did finally turn up this. Still don't know what buttons to push to get there.

About Standard Flange Wall Shapes
There are two types of standard flange wall shapes as shown below (the shape is in yellow):

Hem-Open, Flushed, Duck, C, and Z

Other standard shapes-I, Arc, and S

Open

Flushed

Duck

C

Z

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Hem<">http://localhost:60200/pma/sheetmetaldesign/Your_Design/About_Standard_Flange_Wall_Shapes.html?queryId=14199f7d2b1> shapes
I

Arc

S

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Other standard shapes
Keep in mind the following when using a standard flange wall shape:

You cannot change the material thickness direction for an Open, Flushed, Duck, C, or Z flange.

The bend radius value and material thickness direction are only applied to a shape that is not tangent to the attachment wall.

You can apply rip relief only to a flange with a flush shape.

Stretch relief is not available for a duck-shaped flange.

David Haigh

Help did finally turn up this. Still don't know what buttons to push to get there.

About Standard Flange Wall Shapes
There are two types of standard flange wall shapes as shown below (the shape is in yellow):

Hem-Open, Flushed, Duck, C, and Z

Other standard shapes-I, Arc, and S

Open

Flushed

Duck

C

Z

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Hem<">http://localhost:60200/pma/sheetmetaldesign/Your_Design/About_Standard_Flange_Wall_Shapes.html?queryId=14199f7d2b1> shapes
I

Arc

S

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Other standard shapes
Keep in mind the following when using a standard flange wall shape:

You cannot change the material thickness direction for an Open, Flushed, Duck, C, or Z flange.

The bend radius value and material thickness direction are only applied to a shape that is not tangent to the attachment wall.

You can apply rip relief only to a flange with a flush shape.

Stretch relief is not available for a duck-shaped flange.

David Haigh

Flange
[cid:image009.png@01CEC444.4222CC00]
Then select the edge to attach and select the shape
[cid:image010.png@01CEC444.4222CC00]

[cid:image001.jpg@01CEC444.4301BA50]
jnelson
13-Aquamarine
(To:davehaigh)

David
This is an option under the Flange Wall Tool

[cid:image002.png@01CEC44F.53F46870]

[cid:image007.jpg@01CEC44F.53F46870]

Joel Nelson
Sheetmetal Technical Committee Chair
[PTC_USER]

David,
The tools listed below can be found under the "FLANGE" button on the Shapes section of the ribbon. Once selected, down arrow on the "I" selection box

[cid:image001.jpg@01CEC447.63A3E2D0]

Yes, where did this go to, cant find it either.........

Patrick Fariello
CommScope
1300 E. Lookout Dr. Suite 150
Richardson, TX 75082
Top Tags