cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

show two positions

ptc-6156047
1-Newbie

show two positions

I am pretty new to Creo. but i have been using 3d programs for about 15 years. we are using Creo 2.0 still. I have a gripper on a slide that I want to show in two positions lets say up and down. I do not want the up position to be added to the stock list like if i were to just pattern the gripper details. so how do i show both positions on a drawing and not have it show up on the stock list as dbl. the qtys.? it would also be nice if I could have the up position shown in phantom like other programs do.

thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jose probably has the best solution. There is a lot you can do with combined states.

However, you can family table the optional positions without explosions. You can add multiple models in your drawing and manipulate them in the drawing.

You might have to do overlay views if you want to do the phantom thing. A trick I've had to use often for different drawing issues.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I'm not sure, but I think you can do it with Exploded views and combined states:

1. Create a exploded view and save it

2. Open the view manager and turn on "Display combined views" (in tab "all")

3. In the same tab, create a new combined view and and choose the exploded view you created before.

4. Create a drawing and insert the previous combined views

Jose probably has the best solution. There is a lot you can do with combined states.

However, you can family table the optional positions without explosions. You can add multiple models in your drawing and manipulate them in the drawing.

You might have to do overlay views if you want to do the phantom thing. A trick I've had to use often for different drawing issues.

Hi,

I was trying to solve a similar problem I have and I tried to use your answer but I do not know how to use two instances of a family table in the same drawing sheet in order to overlay both views. Could you explain how?

Thanks in advance.

Top Tags