cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

sketch plane selection in pro-e wildfire 5.0

ptc-5042203
1-Newbie

sketch plane selection in pro-e wildfire 5.0

helloo..i wanted to ask a question..about which i am afraid that it is too babyish to ask.but it will get me started indeed.

when we talk in general terms, is the the sketching plane for the base feature of any model decided after viewing the isometric view or the drawing views of the model?

and are there any exceptions?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

if you are using a part template, then you might prefer to use the front plane for the front view and so on...

because a part template already has set views..like front,top,right etc.

though even then you can set your own views also.

thank you for your reply sir ..but generally do we use the isometric view or the drawing(orthographic) views for establishing the sketching plane of the base feature?.

no hard and fast rule for choosing the sketching plane...as such....in the trimetric arrangement of planes..the plane facing the front..generally for front view...from the drawing...and so on...

ok i get it ..thank you sir...some more queries about wf 5.i am unable to answer these two questions which i have found in a quiz.

_______________ of features is required when there is a need of changing its sketch plane.

If you modify the sketch of a feature without entering the sketcher environment, then you need to modify it ________________.

thank you

1. references

2. dynamically

Top Tags