cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

sketches on drawing, line style

doug_anderson
11-Garnet

sketches on drawing, line style

hi. i'm still quite new to creo parametric and need some advice.

i've a drawing with a few views of a part. in the part there is a sketch that is only shown in one drawing view using the layers. is there a way that i can change the line style of this sketch in the drawing view. the thickness and the colour so that i can highlight it?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Hi, 

You can change the sketch line style in the 3D model. 

1. Open the 3D model
  2. Select the sketch in the model tree
  3. Right click and select properties
  4. Change the line style as needed

Tdaugherty_0-1597234691853.png

Do you need to have the line style customized for a particular drawing view? Or can the line style be the same for all views?

Ty

hi Ty.

thanks for the advice.

in this instance its only used in one view so changing the sketch in the model is fine. is there a way to make the line weight thicker? or is there a way to copy the sketch into the drawing view? it seems easy to modify lines that are in the actual drawing.

thanks

Hi, 

I tested a few different methods today but I was unable to find a way to do what you're asking. It is possible to change the line weight of sketched lines that are created in drawing mode. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to change the line weight of sketch geometry that comes from the model. Please see the attached video. 

As for copying sketch geometry from the model into the drawing, I'm not sure. I wasn't able to find a good way to do that. The sketch tools in drawing mode are pretty bad. It's possible to add geometry but it's a PITA.

Ty

hi.

i hadn't realised you where off trying stuff for me so thanks very much. 

i've found the same things. line colour can be changed in model but not weight. and sketching in drawing mode is not great.

myself and my colleague spent a bit of time trialing the pen table options and eventually found if you set the sketch in the model to certain colours you can then have the pen table alter the line weight. the drawing doesn't change but the pdf or the print does. not sure if its the best way but it gives a result that is acceptable.

thanks for your help.

regards

Top Tags