Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solidify question summary

ptc-593619
1-Newbie

solidify question summary

Fellow users, etc.

Well, you've come through again, unlike the Michigan State basket ballers who were blown out of the NCAA last night. The most obtuse of work arounds made it happen for me, courtesy of Caleb. In all the other solidifies, I have before the published geometry, a copy surface feature which acts - using another systems lingo, as a timestamp. As I was using the whole of this particular feature, I didn't think to insert a copy surface in it, just taking the solid surface as it was. The application of a copy surface before the published geometry did the trick, go figure.

To the multitude of people who suggested that I need to check and change the accuracy of both models is to not appreciate the vice like grip our IT guys have here. Only forms signed in triplicate with blood presented with a wad of large denomination bills in a plain brown envelope, allows me to change the accuracy of a model. Many thanks for the suggestions though.

The late replies and thanks is entirely due to me jacking it in and doing something other than being a slave to the screen. Out in the woods, cutting down trees, sure beats ProE modeling, can you believe! (BTW these are weed trees and I'm planting replacements so doing my bit for the environment).

For those of you who may encounter this again, here is Caleb's reply

Quick question to the problem: Is the command giving any sort of reference failures? It seems that I've seen similar odd problems like this with Ext. Copy Geom features. I think what I ended up doing to fix it is quite silly, but yet worked:
Make a copy of the quilt from your Ext. Copy Geom.
Reference this copy when doing the Solidify command.
Basically, in my problem, the rounds kept failing because the Ext. Copy Geom would update its geometry but somehow lose it's edge reference ID's. By using the new quilt to make the solid, it used that quilt's edges, which, even though they came from the first, wouldn't lose their ID's.
Something to try... Hope it works or at least brings you some enjoyment of how silly some workarounds in Pro/E are.
many thanks and have a great day,

Richard A. Black
tel: 269 781-0539
-
http://www.automotive.eaton.com

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements