cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

(summary) intent manager!!

laura.woodward
1-Newbie

(summary) intent manager!!

sorry it’s taken me a week to get around to the summary – i posted my issue and promptly left the office for 4 days.

the following are the responses i got:

Hi,

It's a hidden command now , manually put the line into config.pro and it will work.

Br

Stephen

-------

I use to import geometries as "Imported Geometry" (Menu Insert -> Shared Data... -> From File). After this, I create sketches with comand "Use" to copy the imported geometry. If you need this sketch parametric, delete the refrences on the imported geometry, contrain and dimension your sketch. This way avoid Pro/E constrain the sketches geometry.
---------

WF5 has finally eliminated the Intent Manager. They do have some real nice tools now for finding vertex, open sections, criss crossed lines etc. Why do you still want to use the old menu manager?

-------

I am not on WF5 but what happens when you start pro with the config option “sketcher_intent_manager no” loaded?

Patrick

-------

Turn off all the assumptions in the sketcher before importing the geometry. The sketcher settings will stay set until you exit Pro/E.

Mark

using the last suggestion (go to sketch, options, constraints tab, and deselect necessary constraints), i was able to complete my sketch properly. i also used it to solve one other problem i’d had in the past year with intent manager, and it worked for that as well. thanks to all who replied!

original post:

wf 5.0 m010

what happened to the option to turn off intent manager?! the proe help center in wf5 says “Using the Intent <">http://localhost:60200/sketcher/About_Sketcher.htm?queryId=12883cdb78a> Manager <">http://localhost:60200/sketcher/About_Sketcher.htm?queryId=12883cdb78a> , you can dynamically dimension and constrain geometry as you sketch. The option to turn it off is no longer available.” someone, please tell me im hallucinating.

before you all yell at me about how great intent manager is, i know, i know. i use it all the time. but right now, i need to import something into sketcher, and intent manager assumptions have messed up the geometry.

Laura Woodward

Senior Mechanical Engineer

Saab Training, LLC

Orlando, FL

(407) 281-3012

Saab Training USA LLC-Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags