cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

the "OK" selection of edit dimension properties is greyed out

Robert-Altman
7-Bedrock

the "OK" selection of edit dimension properties is greyed out

Trying to edit the properties of a dimension but the "OK" button is grayed out.

I still have a copy of the file when it was last saved in Wildfire 4.0 and when I open in Wildfire 4.0 there is no issue with editing the properties of any of the dimension.

When I open this same file in Creo 3.0 some dimensions I can edit the properties of and some I can not because the "OK" is grayed out).

I cleared out any system and user config.pro settings to make sure there was nothing in them that could be causing the issue.

Any thoughts of what could cause this?

7 REPLIES 7

If this is in the drawing and pdmlink is active, possibly the part file is locked but the drawing is not. Dimensions shown are not editable and dimensions created are editable.

That's all I got.

Its actually in the model that this is happening. I even saved it out of Windchill and tried opening it unassociated to Windchill and have the same issue.

The user actually just pointed out that it is only angled dimensions that the "OK" is greyed out.

What do the dimension properties look like?

Did you ever find the answer to this as I have just come across the same issue with angled dimensions.

Can you share the file? (use the advanced editor in the top right hand corner of the reply to attach a file)

Interesting issue, so I took a look at the code.  There was once a way to define an angular dimension so that it didn't have a proper understanding of its units.  If I recall, it was using some system setting (like a config), with the resulting stability issues.  If this is the case, you should see the message 'Please change angular dimension units of the selected angular dimension to appropriate value in order to regenerate it correctly.'  If you are seeing that, then this is the cause, and to be able to change the dimension, you should change the angular units to the desired value, and then you'll have access to OK.

NigelWhittingha
5-Regular Member
(To:mender)

Excellent Matthew, that resolved it. In the Dimension Properties dialog window the Angular dimension units were set to Default, changing this to Degrees resolved the issue.

Top Tags