cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

threaded hole in drawing

TomášHlavinka
1-Newbie

threaded hole in drawing

Hello,

Is there some way how to automatically show the M8 thread without small diam (d7) so that it does not have to be deleted ?

V%C3%BDst%C5%99i%C5%BEek.PNG

Thnx

7 REPLIES 7

The Idea in Creo is that you have a hole note that covers this rather than a dimension. in order to use a dimension, you have to use @OM8 in the dimension's properties. Obviously, you can erase or delete (hide) the dia 7 dim.

Thats rite Antonius. But Tomas query might be different. I think he was asking for direct dimension icon for thread representaion, instead of edit @DXX to @OXX.

Yes, right that - if there are many threads in the drawing then it takes some time to delete all unwanted hole dimensions...

Yes, but you don't have to echo on every dimension.

You can choose which dimension you want to turn on.

What you are seeing is a preview for selection.

Tomas,

did you try show_preview_default keep in your config.pro ?

Then you have to select the dimensions you want to keep

Reinhard

wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:ReinhardN)

Hello,

How can I show a tapped hole callout in a CREO drawing (as opposed to manually typing it)?  I suspect if there is an option to model a hole as being tapped (as opposed to a simple clearance hole), the benefit of doing so would be to articulate the thread callout in a drawing.  For example, after modeling a 10-32 UNF-2B hole in a part and showing the dimensions in a drawing, the only artifact of that hole feature to show up is the major and minor diameter, but no thread specification.  Thank you.

You can show the threaded hole callout by "Show Model Annotations" and selecting the hole on the view to show its note.

Top Tags