cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

today's date

Infosys_id
6-Contributor

today's date

when we call &today's_date parameter in drawing it takes the value as todays date. but when we check the properties of parameter it has became hard cord as mm-dd-yy instead of &today's_date. that means if we modify the file still it will referring the old date instead of newly modified date.

7 REPLIES 7
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Infosys_id)

Is this for prints? (.drw's?)

No, It should be in .frm file or drw file.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

This post is currently located in an odd place on the community.  Are you using Creo Parametric?  If yes, are you interfacing with Windchill or is Creo being used completely stand-alone?

Infosys_id
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

No interface with windchill. stand alone Creo parametric

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I think you're misunderstanding the purpose of &todays_date.  It's not a parameter.  It a token that is evaluated only once, either when it's added to a drawing or when a drawing is created from a template/format.  During evaluation the token is replaced with the current date.  Without Windchill, there is no way to display a dynamic date on a drawing (one that automatically updates) or any way to automatically display the last time something changed.  The best you can do is create a mapkey that replaces a note or table cell's text with a new copy of &todays_date.  

On my drawings I have a parameter called &TODAY_DATE

to update it I run the map key at the bottom

the first part of the mapkey will get the system current date format it and then is copied to the clipboard

then it is pasted on the corresponding place in the parameters

(i run DATA_DATE for the mapkey as they are two nested)

mapkey copy_date @MAPKEY_LABELcopy date;\
mapkey(continued) @SYSTEMset datestr=\%date:\~4,2\%-\%date:\~7,2\%-\%date:\~12,2\%\necho \
mapkey(continued) \%datestr\% | clip;
mapkey datasheet_par_date @MAPKEY_LABELDATA SHEET PAR DATE;~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `page_Tools_control_btn` 1;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgParameters` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Arm `relation_dlg` `ParamsPHLay.ParTable` 2 `rowTODAY_DATE` `value`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Disarm `relation_dlg` `ParamsPHLay.ParTable` 2 `rowTODAY_DATE` `value`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `relation_dlg` `ParamsPHLay.ParTable` 2 `rowTODAY_DATE` `value`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Key `relation_dlg` `ParamsPHLay.ParTable` 39190550 `Ctrl+V`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `relation_dlg` `PB_OK`;
mapkey DATA_DATE %copy_date;%datasheet_par_date;

thanks

OG

vicor3
5-Regular Member
(To:Osiel_G)

can you share , mapkey DATA_DATE as well ?

Top Tags