cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

traceback on save

MartyGlass
4-Participant

traceback on save

I am using Creo Parametric 3.0 M190

file created a traceback.log when saving file. file opens ok, modify family table. Verify family table all instances are successful. When you select save the traceback window appears. select OK. Creo closes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have had similar things happen very very rarely. After trying to fix the problem (for me it was a drawing) and failing every time, I had to give up and create a new replacement for the offending file. My unverified theory is that the file got corrupted somewhere along the line and was no longer useable.

There is one possibility for you that I couldn't investigate. Creo saves versions of files, it does not overwrite the older file. For example coolpart.prt.1 when you save again is coolpart.prt.2, etc. If you have not purged out all the older versions and you have an idea when the bad behavior started, you could open up the version that was right before the failures started and save that again. This will give it the next version number and make it the "official" file.

To see all the versions when using the Creo File->Open, in the file open dialog click on Tools->All Versions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Have had similar things happen very very rarely. After trying to fix the problem (for me it was a drawing) and failing every time, I had to give up and create a new replacement for the offending file. My unverified theory is that the file got corrupted somewhere along the line and was no longer useable.

There is one possibility for you that I couldn't investigate. Creo saves versions of files, it does not overwrite the older file. For example coolpart.prt.1 when you save again is coolpart.prt.2, etc. If you have not purged out all the older versions and you have an idea when the bad behavior started, you could open up the version that was right before the failures started and save that again. This will give it the next version number and make it the "official" file.

To see all the versions when using the Creo File->Open, in the file open dialog click on Tools->All Versions.

MartyGlass
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Ken,

thanks for the suggestion.  we are looking for a previous versions.  It seems to have been copied several times.

All versions found so far have the same issue.

Yeah, it's kind of like Creo contact-tracing - you're trying to find out when (and maybe who) model contamination occurred.

Top Tags