cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

unable to remove quilts in a section view

ptc-154724
1-Newbie

unable to remove quilts in a section view

I am trying to see if anyone knows how to remove quilts from a drawing view, when you add in a section view.

I have the option to turn the quilts off as "yes" so they are suppose to not be shown. If the view is a full view it works, but as soon as I add a section to the view, the quilts are turned on in the view and I cannot turn them off.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Dennis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Do you have your settings so that you get layer properties for each view? If so you may need to select the view in the layer tree and hide the layer that contains it or put it on a layer if it's not already.

Kevin,

Thank you for the reply. I have gone into the drawing and changed the model tree area from the model tree info to the Layers info, and have the view listed in the line where the arrow is, to have this be what the layer info is about. Now I am not sure how to proceed from here. I do not know what layer this info is on.

The part file that has the geometry that I cannot hide has its model tree looking like this:

• DTM2
  • DTM3
  • External Copy Geom id 21
  • External Copy Geom id 2295
  • External Copy Geom id 2230
  • (continues with all the external copy geom id's)
  • External Copy Geom id 32397
  • A_1
  • Grooves (datum plane)
  • (continues with remaining added geometry)

So in the drawing if I do not have a section, I can pick the option under the View Display category for "Hidden line removal for quilts" to be YES and in a non-section view the representation for these External Copy Geom features are not displayed. But as soon as I add a section, I cannot get rid of the quilts as i did in a non section view.

I hope this might explain more what my situation is.

Dennis

Kevin,

I found what I needed to do, as I had to add the features in the model to a layer. But when I go into the drawing and hide the layer, to much geometry gets hidden. So I think I have to work with the layer to decide how much to put on it so when I do hide the layer I have enough to represent my part.

Thanks for the help as I find this forum to be a very helpful place for to get answers from the people who actually use this on a daily basis.

Dennis

Kevin,

Sorry to keep sending responses to your help. But I guess my main question is this.

Why does the removal of quilts work differently in a section view versus a normal general projection view?

We have found over the years in using Pro/E, that there are some other things that work differently, like datum planes. If you have datum planes in a model, you can toggle them on and off. But as soon as you pick the datum plane and do an "Edit / Properties" and change it to be a GETOL type datum, you can no longer just do the datums toggle to turn its diplay on and off.

This is on big annoyance that we run into, as you now have to find the layer they are on and turn the layer display of them to hidden.

Dennis

I'm assuming you are talking about the hidden line removal for quilts option. My understanding of this option is that it means it includes quilts when determining hidden lines not that it removes quilts from the view. If your view has the no hidden display style and the surface is behind something else the quilt will not appear in the view. If the display style is hidden line the portion of the quilt behind something else will display as a hidden line. For the section my guess is the surface is cut by the plane so there is nothing in front of it so it displays as a quilt surface normally does.

As far as the datum planes I did find a note in the help stating that the only way to hide set datums is to place them on a layer and hide the layer.

For creating a search you can search by quilt and select the quilt surfaces you want to hide instead of just trying to pick surfaces.

Kevin,

I was able to find a TPI for the quilt removal that works. It is TPI 102781.

The datums we have had to put on layers to get them to turn off.

Thanks for all your replies.

I think I am all set now with these two topics.

Dennis

You can remove quilts by creating a new layer and hiding it, or by currently using the Surface layer. Go to the layer menu, click on the surface layer-then layer properties-add-include and select the quilt you want to hide. Then turn that layer off or hide it.

Ed,

Thanks for your response to this question.

The best result for me, and the one that worked the best was from TPI 102781.

Dennis

Top Tags