cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Adding a DTL file to a format

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Adding a DTL file to a format

I am creating new formats for a contract and pulled in an older table from the existing format. We have switched from Font to Isofint as our standard font for all text. I know I have to manually update the text in the tables, but I want to make it so the default font for the format is Isofont with certain characteristics of the DTL file used in other new drawings.

Can and how does a DTL file get 'assigned' to a format file?

If not, then I will need to assign the DTL file to the drawing template file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

• if you create a new format then Creo uses dtl file mentioned in FORMAT_SETUP_FILE config.pro option
  • if you create a new drawing then Creo uses dtl file mentioned in DRAWING_SETUP_FILE config.pro option

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

• if you create a new format then Creo uses dtl file mentioned in FORMAT_SETUP_FILE config.pro option
  • if you create a new drawing then Creo uses dtl file mentioned in DRAWING_SETUP_FILE config.pro option

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MartinHanak)

if you create a new drawing then Creo uses dtl file mentioned in DRAWING_SETUP_FILE config.pro option

Just to clarify, the detail file specified by the DRWING_SETUP_FILE config option is only used for drawing creation from 'Empty' or 'Empty with format'.  If you create a new drawing via 'Use template', then the detail options present in the drawing template are used instead.

Creo Drawing.png

Top Tags