cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Anyone using ODBC_EXECUTE

WayneBeck
1-Newbie

Anyone using ODBC_EXECUTE

I am trying to build my input string forODBC_EXECUTE to execute and keep getting an error. when I hard code the string it enters fine into my sql database.

This is how I am building my string:

INPUT_STRING = "INSERT INTO number4 VALUES ('005', " + itos(NEW_NUMBER) +", 'XX', " + MKUPPER(DESCRIPTION) + ", " + MKUPPER(USERNAME) + ", " + DATE + ", " + PROJ_NO + ")"

When I print the input_string variable it looks just like the hard coded one except my new number has increased by 1. Any help would be great.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.

7 REPLIES 7

Here is the template I use for insert statements:

Yes when I hard code it, it works fine. The problem I am running into is wanting to build the input string and enter that into the sql table.

Wayne Beck
CAD/Windchill Analyst
-<">mailto:->

So if you print out your text string from SA and paste that into a query, it works?

yes

Wayne Beck
CAD/Windchill Analyst

What kind of database are you working with?

Ms sql through the ODBC connection

Wayne Beck
CAD/Windchill Analyst

You can use variables to pass the VALUES into the statement as shown below:

DB table name = number4

DB table field names = description, username, date

DECLARE_VARIABLE STRING string1 "TEST7"

DECLARE_VARIABLE STRING string2 "WBECK"

DECLARE_VARIABLE STRING string3 "10/25/2013"
DECLARE_VARIABLE STRING INSERT_QUERY

INSERT_QUERY = "INSERT INTO number4 (description, username, date) VALUES ("+string1+", "+string2 +", "+string3 +")"PRINT "%" UPDATE_QUERYODBC_EXECUTE UPDATE_QUERY

Top Tags