cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Changing the data type of attributes

bcole
3-Visitor

Changing the data type of attributes

I am tyring to change the data type of a few attributes from "string" to "integer". We are using Creo 3.0 and Intralink 11 (if that matters).  I have logged in as the administrator and looked through the "type and attribute management", but I cannot figure out how to edit the attribute type. Under the data type it says "java.lang.String". When I click edit under actions, it doesn't give the option to change it. The option must be hidden in here somewhere...

And it isn't editable from the relation window in Creo, but is designated and set as user-defined. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:bcole)

First, you've posted this under the "Welcome & How-Tos" section, which is for questions about the Lithium forum system and PTC's implementation of it in particular.

Second, what specifically are you asking? Are you talking about parameters? Once you create a parameter, to the best of my knowledge, you can't change its type. You'd need to delete it then recreate it with the type you wish. I don't know why you are making reference to "java.lang.String", since that is a Java programming reference, which  isn't pertinent to general users of Creo. Are you writing Java code to manipulate Creo data? If so, then you might want to specify that rather important fact up front.

I am going to move this to the Creo space to give it the right exposure.

Best,

Toby

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Tmetcalf)

Look at the dates of these 2 posts...they are the same. Is something going on with the new system that old posts are being resubmitted? The original post was answered and markked as Solution provided.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:bcole)

This was a duplicate post to here. It is also shown as solved

Thank you for that @StephenW

Top Tags