cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creating BOM table in Creo Drawing involving sub assemblies components

MohaSharifi
6-Contributor

Creating BOM table in Creo Drawing involving sub assemblies components

I have an assembly model that involves 2 sub-assemblies. When I add automatic BOM table the subassemblies appears in the table, while I need to add a BOM table to the assembly drawing covering all components ( main and sub-assembly).  Can anyone have a solution (BOM of all components and not subassembly names)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you can apply filter on your repeat region. Something like

&asm.mbr.type == PART

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MohaSharifi)

Your BOM table is set to be "FLAT". You can change to be "RECURSIVE"

Go to the table tab, repeat region, select attributes, select your table, select recursive then done.

Thanks Stephen

I followed that process and now I have all the parts and also assemblies name on the table, how I can remove the assembly items from the BOM table?

Hi,

you can apply filter on your repeat region. Something like

&asm.mbr.type == PART

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

it works!

Thank you all

HI Martin,

In continuation, is it possible to show a specific component of a sub-assembly in the BOM table of the main assembly by using Relations/ rules in Filter.

For Example:

In the below Assembly structure, Main Assembly is made of Sub-Assy1 and Sub-Assy2

If any of these Sub-Assemblies contain a pipe, I need that to be shown in the BOM table of MAIN Assembly

Is it possible to do this with help of relations/Rules in the repeat region?

Assembly_treeAssembly_tree

MAIN ASSEMBLY BOM TABLE:

Bom_TableBom_Table

Thank you!

Deepak

@Deepakjohsh wrote:

HI Martin,

In continuation, is it possible to show a specific component of a sub-assembly in the BOM table of the main assembly by using Relations/ rules in Filter.

For Example:

In the below Assembly structure, Main Assembly is made of Sub-Assy1 and Sub-Assy2

If any of these Sub-Assemblies contain a pipe, I need that to be shown in the BOM table of MAIN Assembly

Is it possible to do this with help of relations/Rules in the repeat region?

Assembly_treeAssembly_tree

MAIN ASSEMBLY BOM TABLE:

Bom_TableBom_Table

Thank you!

Deepak

Hi,

you can define 2 repeat regions, first one for top level components and second one for pipes.

repeat_regions.png

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I continued working on this issue and was able to find a solution as well.

I thought I'll post it as well so that it could be of use to somebody later.

Assembly structure of Main assy is as follows:

Deepakjohsh_0-1593468326482.png

The Pipe.prt is modeled with flexibility and I introduced a parameter called "ShowinBom" and set it as a boolean value. I leave this parameter set to the default value "NO" and I set this value to "Yes" only when its a part of a sub-assy.

Deepakjohsh_1-1593468638365.png

in the Drawing, I use two repeat regions

Deepakjohsh_2-1593468940837.png

Deepakjohsh_3-1593469545744.png

Result is:

Deepakjohsh_5-1593469954354.png

Thanks,

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Just wanted to let you know that you're a lifesaver. You're method worked like a charm.

For anyone reading this in the future who is not sure how to use flexible modelling like me, you can access the "parameters" window through Model -> Model Intent -> Parameters. You can't set an original value, but you can make a new parameter called SHOWINBOM and set it to yes. The rest of the steps are perfect.

Top Tags