cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo Element: Home Page

cc-2
6-Contributor

Creo Element: Home Page

Hello

per default when Creo Element is launched two home pages are loaded into 2 different tabs.

We managed to change on thanks to the option web_browser_homepage

but how can I control the second tab (and what if I want 3 tabs to load at start up ? )

We have not yet managed to figured this out.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:cc-2)

enable_3dmodelspace_browser_tab no

/Bjarne
cc-2
6-Contributor

Hi Bjarne

I guess this is a good start not to have the 3Dmodelspace page loading but instead we want to have another page loaded.

In other words, when ProE start to have 2 pages loading at start up.

It is possible in IE and very easy to do but in ProE, we still do not know how to do it

Thank you

CathyA
1-Newbie

I have the same question. In Creo 2.0 two tabs load by default: "Creo Academic Resource Page" and "3DModelSpace." I have been reading the documentation, but have not found out how to have our local URLs load up by default.

In the favorites there is a nice option to right click a folder and select "Open in tab group." All the favorites listed in that folder load automatically in multiple tabs. The config.pro option web_browser_homepage does load one URL as the home page. I have tried using a list of URLs for the web_browser_homepage option. The results are only one tab loads.

I would like to hear if anyone has resolved how to open multiple default tabs in the embedded browser for Creo 2.0.

Thank you,
Cathy

Catherine M. Alarid
Sandia National Laboratories / GAITS

Set this configuration option to not load the 3D Model Space page:
enable_3dmodelspace_browser_tab no

Paul J. Crane, PMP
Project Manager, Global IT PDP Modeling Solutions
John Deeere World Headquarters
One John Deere Place
Moline, IL 61265 USA

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

On 02/26/13 09:22, Alarid, Catherine wrote:
>
> I have the same question. In Creo 2.0 two tabs load by default: "Creo Academic Resource Page" and "3DModelSpace." I have been reading the documentation, but have not found out how to have our local URLs load up by default.
>
> In the favorites there is a nice option to right click a folder and select "Open in tab group." All the favorites listed in that folder load automatically in multiple tabs. The config.pro option web_browser_homepage does load one URL as the home page. I have tried using a list of URLs for the
> web_browser_homepage option. The results are only one tab loads.
>
> I would like to hear if anyone has resolved how to open multiple default tabs in the embedded browser for Creo 2.0.
>

You can use a weblink page as the home page. The weblink page needs to do the following:

using javascript set the current page url

window.location.href = "

using session.RunMacro() with a macro to open new tabs and set their url to something

you have to use a macro (mapkey) because

o

weblink does not have a CreateNewTab() method

o

using javascript window.open(" "_blank", ''); will open new windows instead of new tabs

I have attached a working weblink page that sets the original tab to a url and opens 2 new tabs each with a different url.

>
> Thank you,
> Cathy
>
> *Catherine M. Alarid*
>
> Sandia National Laboratories / GAITS
>
> Voice: (505) 844-4991
>
> - <">mailto:->
>
> *From:*NacNac MOTT [
ajordaan
1-Newbie

Good day,

I would like to know if there is any more information about this regarding how to add a tab on the home page?

I know that you can turn the 3dmodelspace one off and that you can change the default web page, but how can I add another tab with other information?

Thank you

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:ajordaan)

I have not heard of anything.

Maybe Creo 3 does. I have not tried it..

ajordaan
1-Newbie

Thank you Chris, I did try, but was unable to do so. 

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags