cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Error type 3 detected

joshuataylor
1-Newbie

Error type 3 detected

I'm drilling a plate with counter bored holes. Generate a .nc file and when I go to post it I get this "Error type 3 detected". The error comes up right after I select a post. The post works on several other files so I don't think that is it.

Any thoughts?

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found the problem.

There was an "&" in the directory name. Removed this and all was well. Put it back inand posting failed.

Josh

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

When you postprocess a file, a lot of other files are created. One of these is the <filename>.lst file. That file is a text file listing the execution of the postprocessor as it processes your <filename>.ncl file. If you scroll down through that file, you hopefully will be able to see where the processing error occured, or at least where processing stopped.

I'm not familiar with "Error type 3", but then again, most of the error messages are pretty vague.

It's giving the error before any files are created.

Josh

Just to be clear it halts when the error is generated.

Josh

Moved the ncl file to a different directory and it posted fine. So I have no idea what caused this and it hasn't happened in any other directories.

Josh

I might have an idea. My co-workers have gotten in the habit of making really long directory names. Creo has some sort of limit on the total length of the directory it will handle for post-processing. I think it might be 100 characters or something like that. This caused mysterious refusal to post programs.

My solution was to set up, in my config.pro, a specific directory where all my postprocessed files go. It required two entries in the file:

pro_mf_cl_dir c:\ptc\NCFiles

pro_mf_tape_dir c:\ptc\NCFiles

The first one tells Creo where to write the ".ncl" files, and the second tells it where to put the ".tap" (the postprocessor output file). It has the added benefit of putting all the extra files generated by Creo in one location. Makes cleanup easier.

Found the problem.

There was an "&" in the directory name. Removed this and all was well. Put it back inand posting failed.

Josh

Sajid
4-Participant
(To:joshuataylor)

Thank you sir

Top Tags