cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Gear Collision detected, how to avoid

fphelps
1-Newbie

Gear Collision detected, how to avoid

Gear.PNGHello All,

I am setting up this gear differential for a class using bevel gears. I can get it to run properly, however if you look at this picture the gear on the right side and the bottom gear are colliding. How do I overcome this. This is a manufacture model and I have been using the helix and pressure angles listed by the manufacturer as well as the pitch listed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the reply Patrick. The height may be off a little but not by much. The only reason for this was me maybe changing things around to get it right. However I figured it out. You can setup datums in your part so when you go to set up your rotation axis you can just align the datums through the pin connection / and once in this command there is a sub command called rotation axis that you can set this up. A work around I found before discovering this was just to go to the drag components inside mechanism and align to entities and pick the datums you setup in the part level.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Could it be that the gear in the top is positioned incorrectly? It looks like it should be lowered a bit. And since it is a spiral bevel gear that will alter the angles...

Thanks for the reply Patrick. The height may be off a little but not by much. The only reason for this was me maybe changing things around to get it right. However I figured it out. You can setup datums in your part so when you go to set up your rotation axis you can just align the datums through the pin connection / and once in this command there is a sub command called rotation axis that you can set this up. A work around I found before discovering this was just to go to the drag components inside mechanism and align to entities and pick the datums you setup in the part level.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags