cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

HP Remote Graphics software

jellis
11-Garnet

HP Remote Graphics software

Greetings all!

Checking the community to see if anyone has implemented HP's RGS in production with Windchill and ProE? What are the lessons learned? Any pitfalls? What about cost effectiveness? Are there other alternatives? Is anyone implementing this technology from the US to Europe? Thanks in advance for your replies!

Jim

1 REPLY 1

Jim,
We have just recently implemented RGS software to alleviate the network latency with our office in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. The primary use of this software is for our 15 year old Engineering Change system HP WorkManager. It is also used for some Pro/INTRALINK and Pro/ENGINEER work. However through our testing we found that Pro/ENGINEER was usable but not desired. There is about a .5 second delay when clicking/spinning/zooming which is discomforting. Therefore RGS use for Pro/ENGINEER is limited. Otherwise it works very well for heavy database applications that would be unusable if executed from the client in KL.

The RGS sender software must be installed on HP hardware. Therefore your options are client workstations or Blade Workstation servers. We had a bank of client workstations sitting around (HP xw4300's) so we used those. We are just in the beginning stages of use at this point so I can't comment on real world use.

Patrick Williams | Sr. Applications Engineer | Engineering Systems | Steelcase Inc. | 616.698.4078 | My Site<">http://my.steelcase.com/Person.aspx?accountname=NA\PWILLIA3>

[cid:image003.jpg@01C9A7A8.C17DA0F0]
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags